Monday, November 26, 2007

mint

Since 2002, Hershey's has offered Mint Kisses around the holidays. This year, it is the new, limited edition Mint Truffle Kisses.

First word association: danger.

These are delicious, melt on your tongue, smooth, minty, little pieces of magic. It is good that they are individually wrapped because that delay - of reaching in the bag to get another one and taking the time to unwrap it - is the only thing encouraging restraint.

I saw them in the store but didn't want to buy a whole bag in case I didn't like them, and, in case I did like them, didn't want the temptation of a whole bag. The next day, I went to work and my coworker had a bowl of them on her desk. They should borrow the warning label from chips: bet you can't eat just one [if you like mint flavor].

---
My newest favorite holiday treat, Candy Cane Jo-Jos from Trader Joe's and last year's dangerous mint item, are available again. I picked up two boxes and will get more to bring back with me to Tennessee. If you don't have a Trader Joe's near, this is one more reason to be jealous.

1 comment:

Geggie said...

I love, love, love mint. I've never had the mint kisses. (Thanks!) The candy cane jo jos are fab. stock up though, they went out of stock early last year.