I was hoping to have more wise words to share from our favorite quotable professor, but he has been pretty restrained with the undergrads this semester.
Today, in a discussion about countermovements to the effects of the globalization project, the prof was talking about environmentalism and specifically global warming. (At this point, about 1/3 of the students were asleep). He said:
"I don't want to get you not alarmed. It's nice to be alarmed" - referring to things that were left out of "An Inconvenient Truth"
But that's all I've got. Profs from other classes have had some interesting things to say, so I will dig those up and share when I get a chance.
In other daily news, it is going to be 83 and sunny here today. I have decided that clouds are much more interesting to look at than plain blue sky. Last week, when it was cloudy I must have looked crazy as I walked around looking upwards, as if I hadn't seen clouds before. At least I didn't run into anything.
Monday, November 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment