Thursday, November 08, 2007

if you wanted me to write a dissertation you should have said so

I have enjoyed the comments I have received on my graded assignments for my class covering the social, cultural, and behavioral aspects of public health. My grades for the first exam and the term paper have been good so I cannot complain and they are fair comments/critiques. However, to address the comments would take pages and pages and when on to page 14.5 of a 15 page paper, there is just not room. On the other hand, the exam was an in-class essay exam, hand-written blue book stylehe prof stated in prepping us for the next one next week that she wants us to write as much as possible and take the full 3 hours to answer the 3 questions. Old school, I guess.

On my midterm exam:
"Good but needed more on the sources of [health] disparities and the [social/politicial economic] determinants of housing and environment"

Even better, on my term paper:
"What is it about the adolescent “culture” that emphasizes the stereotypes in our society and therefore might heighten the risk of perpetrating and experiencing sexual assault?"


These comments are somewhat frustrating as in I am kicking myself for not addressing points that I have a lot of knowledge in my head about. I guess it will teach me to try to get across points from anthropology more succinctly.

No comments: