This is a placeholder for things to come post-end of classes (tomorrow-hooray survived first semester) and post-Kris leaving (friday) and possibly post-final papers (although we all know I will be distracted before that). To anticipate: football finals and school finals; basketball preview (because Arizona is a basketball school); local wildlife; cookies!; and celebrating the holidays in Arizona.
Here is one thing for now that has occurred recently:
I have discovered that through the cable subscription we have in my house -direct TV- we get the all the XM music channels. I checked out the various holiday music options (classical faves, new age, country) and was disappointed. But then, I found the series of channels: 40s on 4, 50s on 5, 60s on 6, etc., and have discovered the fun of new old music from the 90s on 9. This is perfect since I was tiring of my digital music and since the only music via radio I enjoy is jazz on the local NPR station KUAZ which comes on 8pm-midnight.
From an old text message from John "Sometimes I feel like i'm stuck in the 1990s. those were the good years. Perhaps I'm just jet lagged. They were the good years. Miami glam."
So I have been making an Awesome 90s song mix list as I listen to the XM station (partly for my own interest, partly as a xmas present for John). 90s party, anyone?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You know I would be there!
Hey Katie.. so... I'm still figuring out the blogger thing. Tonight I discovered the moderate comments section - didn't know I had it. Anyways, I just published your comment to the sexual harrassment post. Fascinating by the way - if you did a study on that I would be really interested to hear it. Anyways, hope you're doing well! Are classes almost done for the semester?
Post a Comment