Here is a snapshot that captures the essence of the experience:
(From a chat with my sister earlier this evening):
9:39 PM Colleen: yizz
me: hey sissy
9:40 PM Colleen: whatcha doin
me: eh working on this 15-20 pg paper that I thought was due tomorrow but is due Tuesday
Colleen: thats good
9:41 PM me: thinking about if I want to go get some chips and a mtn dew code red and stay up and power through it - because so far I have 2 pages
of writing - and 20 pages of notes
Colleen: wow you have a long way to go
9:45 PM me: It might be good for me to walk across the street to 7-11 to get chips and coke since I haven't really moved from my desk chair today
Colleen: yum
9:46 PM me: doritos has some yummy new flavors - but I hate getting the 3 serving size bags at the store...because of course I eat the whole thing
| 38 minutes |
10:24 PM me: i love that first feeling of caffiene entering your bloodstream
I just felt my heart enlarge a little bit
And yes, I have already eaten all three servings from my bag of "Spicy Nacho" Doritos. The flavor I wanted was new "blazin' buffalo ranch (tm)" but Circle K was out.
Good thing this will all be done on Friday (really most of the stress will be done when I turn in my two papers for Tuesday) because I wouldn't want a repeat of lack of sleep-too much caffeine-eye lid twitch syndrome.
7 comments:
I love that you included the Doritos link. Ha! I ate Doritos for the first time in a while at a Toys for Tots party this weekend. Mmm, so salty and good. Doritos was my favorite snack my first year at college, which is why I was voted "most likely to be found at the vending machine."
I can't believe I had so much to say about Doritos just now.
Good luck with your work!
That would be me too - "most likely to be found at the vending machine...by the food table...with a snack on hand...with food in mouth"
Mmm ... vending machineeee. I enjoy regular doritos and also andy capp's t o' the vending machine.hot fries ou
Katie, are you going home to Knoxville for Xmas? Cameron and I will most likely be passing through on the 17th.
Erica, are you drunk?
Just Kidding!
But it'd be funny if you were.
Girl, I feel you. I bought a pack of Newman's Own mint chocolate sandwich cookies this weekend to 'take the edge off' and I've already polished off half of them. Now I feel sick from all the sugar. Blech. We're almost there though!
My computer is acting up and it randomly takes me to wherever my cursor is pointing. Not drunk just too broke to get computer fixed. Also, I bought some hot fries last night!
I love it! (And totally identify.)
Except for the venturing out bit. I am currently considering whether I can actually tolerate black coffee tomorrow a.m. since I've run through all cream/milk/soy products...
Post a Comment