Friday, December 08, 2006

feeling festive

This evening, after dropping Kris off at the airport, I stopped by Target on the way home. Any Target regular will be aware of the $1/discount bin section right as you enter the store. I decided I wanted a few holiday decorations for my room and my cubicle, and what did I find? A mini-tree for only $2.50. I got this little green one for my desk in my room and a silver one for work plus little ornaments and short chains of lights. Just perfect.

Sometime in the next week, I will get into true holiday spirit and starting baking up a storm. I have recruited my friends here to help decorating the dozens and dozens of cookie cutter cookies that will be baked. I may pop out several dozen press-cookie cookies this weekend. I will be sure to share pictures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh I love the $1 spot!! BTW Martha Stewart (yes, I know...) has got a site that lists probably a 100 cookie recipes and most are pretty easy (not that you couldn't handle difficult cookies) in case you want to make something besides sugar cookies!

Sarah Marie said...

I am also planning on baking christmas cookies. However, your plans sound much less tentative than mine. Looking forward to the pictures of the final product!