Tuesday, December 12, 2006

hahahaha

>New word: "noogler" (my guess at the spelling, pronounced "new-gle-r")
>Context: Kris started training at Google yesterday. This evening, he refered to "nooglers" and I had to stop him to confirm, yes, that is what the newbies at Google are called during training. And, even better, he said that at a happy hour in a couple weeks, they get to wear hats that say "noogler." (this not just any hat - you have to see the picture for the full effect. if you do a google search for "noogler" you can find many descriptions of what it is like to be a noogler at google)

Another interesting thing about Google: they train 70-90 new people A WEEK at the Google campus. (which made me think of
Hamburger University which trains all new McDonald's store managers)

And what sounds most wonderful to me: the FREE food. There are 7 cafeterias staffed by gourmet chefs that employees can partake from - for breakfast, lunch, and dinner if they so choose. And fridges all around stocked with juice and sodas and snacks unlimited.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

too funny. it's like a rite of passage marked by shared humiliation (and indoctrination by free food).

Anonymous said...

I think I may drop out of school and join Google. Google food (foogle...) has to be better than hospital food.

Erica said...

You should undercover and study the Google tribe for your Ph.D.

Sarah Marie said...

I like making up new words for the Google tribe. For instance, getting a Ph.D. for studying Google would mean that you would have to write a googertation, or a disseroogle. Tell Kris I said "Googello!"...or "Helloogle!"
Your choice.