Name that song.
Anyone? Anyone besides sissy?
A tender "Tennessee christmas" - Amy Grant 1993 - of course.
So, as soon as I said to Christine: "It's been consistently cool enough here - and cold at night - that I have actually been convinced it is late fall/early winter (since sunny and low 60s is wintery)" --
Today it was in the upper 60s, bright sunny, and warm (I was wearing short sleeves and flip flops for the short amount of time I spent outside of my house walking to the anthro building to turn in a final paper).
Yet I am feeling festive. Currently, I have one final to go that I am feeling okay about. And I have been baking cookies--my favorite get-in-the-spirit/catharsis activity this time of year.
So that others may share in the joy, I will be posting pictures and recipes of this year's cookies. These will include: Margaret's christmas tree cookies [press cookies], whipped shortbread [press cookies, made vegan], chocolate covered cherry cookies, and [betty crocker] sugar cookies cut into fun shapes with homemade buttercream frosting (because I do not have the energy to do the Winn sugar cookies and happily await enjoying them in Tennessee).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I like how nearly every other post is tagged with "eating" or "baking" -sissy
is it that obvious how often I am either eating, thinking about eating, or talking about eating?
Well they say in LA it's a warm holiday, it's the only place to be but a tender Tennessee Christmas is the only Christmas for me. :) (granted I've never spent Christmas in TN but that song is still one of my favorite memories).
So I made Winn sugar cookies with buttercream frosting the other day for the ladies in my Bible study. They were a huge hit! Yummy!
Post a Comment