Sunday, December 17, 2006

Margaret's christmas tree [press] cookies















Recipe

1 cup shortening (1 stick margarine, 1 stick butter)
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
2 1/4 cup sifted flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon almond extract
green food coloring (optional)
(I secretly add an extra teaspoon of almond)

1. Cream shortening, adding sugar gradually.
2. Add unbeaten egg, sifted dry ingredients, flavoring, and food coloring. Mix well.
3. Fill cookie press. Form cookies on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Decorate with sprinkles.
5. Bake 10-12 minutes at 375.
Makes 6-7 dozen cookies.

*I used parchment paper on top of the cookie sheet because the sprinkles can make a mess, it can easily be slid off the cookie sheet to alllow the cookies to cool on the table, and this make stime in between batches shorter.















This is the cookie press I use. Plastic and easy to clean.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look at you you, all fancy with your high-tech gadgets!