Friday, September 01, 2006

IT'S FOOTBALL TIME.... is it?

Football season is my favorite season of all!

But, even today, I keep forgetting that football starts tomorrow. Arizona is playing BYU tomorrow night here. I know I am not on campus as much as undergrads, but I do traverse campus a few times a week. This week I saw NOTHING to indicate football was starting, expect students wearing "Zona Zoo" shirts - but no more than the week before. No one was talking about football - none of the students in my classes spoke a word about the upcoming game. Part of the absence is visual - no flags on car windows, no car magnets, no community members in shirts. How is this possible?

An east vs west difference? Maybe not. My perspective is different since I am in grad student circles. Also, Arizona is a basketball school. And the SEC is a hard football conference to live up to. I haven't decided whether to get student tickets yet, but one other student in my program has tickets so I might.

I know that because I am now in the west, some games televised in east won't be on here. At least tomorrow, UT vs California on ESPN, 5:30EST will be showing.

So the best to all of my schools tomorrow: Go Vols! Roll Tide! Wahoowa! Go Wildcats!

1 comment:

Erica said...

I was just e-mailing Dr. Oths today about "Yay football" and how in my class last night there was colored chalk on the board and I yelled "LSU colors! Yay, it's football season!" and all of my non-FB team having liberal arts college students looked at me with blank faces except one girl who laughed b/c she transferred from Auburn and knows the burning love that is SEC football, even though she's not a REAL tiger!