From Sarah Sz's suggestion that working for ESPN could be my back-up career, I am trying out a few tag lines ;) - please add suggestions as I am not always a fan of puns or cute-sy language -and they will become my weekly football blog titles.
First, I would like to extol a benefit on being on the west coast: everything comes on TV earlier. Tomorrow morning, I will be able to watch the UT-Memphis game at 9am (noon ET on ESPN). Nothing like starting the day with football!
Now, lets talk football.
#15 UT at U of Memphis
In 1996 Memphis beat UT. And last year UT almost lost at home vs Memphis. So this game is not a guarantee. Perhaps why it is on ESPN - or because it is only ranked game on at noon. So, let's hope it is a good game - on both the offense and defense sides.
Alabama at Florida (3:30 PM ET CBS)
"Florida has not beaten Alabama since a 16-10 road win in 1998" - from espn.com. History is in Alabama's favor. A classic SEC match up. On on TV - so I will be watching - you should too. Roll Tide!
Virginia at Duke at noon ET
This game, obviously, is not televised. It is a chance for UVA to win. C'mon Cavs! Seriously, Duke is nothing. Wahoowa!
Arizona vs Washington 10pm ET/7pm Az time
Yeah, I didn't even realize there was another home game this week. Washington has better stats, but Arizona has been putting up a good fight recently (although the QB is up in the air it seems). And this is at home. Go Wildcats!
#24 Georgia Tech at #11 Virginia Tech
Boo, Virginia-rival! Let's go GT! Only for the sake of the ACC and anti-VaTech feelings.
#9 LSU at Mississippi St.
LSU might be looking from some vindication still after Auburn (even after Tulane's hurtin'), Geaux Tigers.
#10 Georgia vs Mississippi
Another classic SEC match up. Sure, Georgia is expect to win -- but they don't have a set QB yet. And it is SEC, anything can happen... but probably not Ole MIsss beating UGA.
In retrospect:
South Carolina - one more team showing some of Auburn's weaknesses. Florida is up next weekend at Auburn, and Georgia (at Auburn) and (Auburn at) Alabama are still to come. So, Auburn has no guarantee of the SEC West championship. Let's go Bama beating Florida, Florida beating Auburn, and UT beating Bama - and UT beating UGA.
Friday, September 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can't believe you called me "Sarah Sz." Boo to that! But yay for football taglines. They are definitely not bootsy. Keep 'em coming!
Post a Comment