Friday, September 08, 2006

weekend outlook

Another week gone by, another football saturday approaches. Here are the games I will be following.

Ari
zona at #8 LSU.

Dear Arizona, I'm sorry. I am trying to build a relationship with you based on mutual support and trust so I will be honest - my heart belongs to the SEC. Additionally, you don't have a chance. But, best of luck, because I will be watching 6:30pm ET on ESPN2 and maybe you could try to make it a little exciting. Take care, Katie.

Air Force at
#11Tennessee
Everyone is saying Tennessee has this in the bag - which is precisely when Tennessee needs to be on guard the most. After a big and exciting win last week, ESPN.com nominted David Cutliffe for coach of the year based on week 1. Keep the magic coming!

Vanderbilt at Alabama

Good SEC football. Vanderbilt has been winning some respectable games in the past few years and will put up a fight. But the Crimson Tide will take this one.

Wyoming at
Virginia
Come on Virginia. Maybe last week was just a warm up. You need to win a few so they will televise at least 1 one of your games. Do you want to go back to that not so distant time of football games being only about cocktails and cocktail dresses?

#12Georgia at South Carolina
7:45pm ET on ESPN
Classic SEC football. This is a tricky one because Georgia is a huge Tennessee rival, but South Carolina has become one too since Steve Spurrier's move. ESPN thinks South Carolina can pull off an upset. If it means a better ranking for Tennesee in the future, then go Gamecocks. Really, I don't care who wins as long as it is a good game, which it should be.

#1Ohio St vs #2Texas
Because there are, as always, many top contender SEC teams this season - the number #1 spot is always in mind. Who do I want to lose? The team that will win all their other games so at least they have 1 loss on record.

-----
So as you can imagine, my saturday seems like it will be filled with more football watching then homework. This is shaping up to be a good season already. Stay tuned for more weekly insights, Southeastern Conference shout-outs, and tales of Arizona apathy.

2 comments:

Erica said...

Hey, AZ got to score their 3 points so it wasn't a shut-out. The SEC cares.

Katie said...

I got bored with the game after LSU's first 3 touchdowns in the first 10 minutes. Alabama did not have the easy win I was expecting, and Tennessee had trouble as expected. I hope Tennessee-Florida will be a good game this upcoming weekend. Since I am anti-florida, -auburn, and -georgia -- I am for LSU having a top ranking and representing the SEC. Sometimes it is good to be underestimated early.