Sunday, September 24, 2006

Glamour Shots, Hello Kitty, and Chick-Fil-A

Today I was generally distracted from my reading. So, I took a trip to The Tucson Mall (which I would describe as like East Town, and the other mall, Park Place, like a newer, fancier West Town - a reference for those from Knoxville.) The Tucson Mall is two stories and rather nice with many standard store options.

I was most delighted to see that The Tucson Mall is keeping
Sanrio Surprises and Glamour Shots alive and well. Sanrio Surprises and Glamour Shots! I have not seen either of those stores in ages. I also found jeans that fit well and that also made me very happy.

Apparently, Glamous Shots' image of overdone hair, make-up, and costume has changed somewhat since the 90s. Now a classy act (only somewhat, based on some of the pictures displayed in the store windows at the Mall), and they are having a model search contest. On the other hand, I think Sanrio will never change with the classic icon of Hello Kitty as its main feature.


Oh - and the foodcourt had Chick-Fil-A - which of course was closed since it was Sunday. But, I just remembered to share that I read in the student paper about how Chick-fil-a is not a popular lunch option here. I read it twice to be sure. "The placement of some of the less popular restaurants like Chick-Fil-A might seem strange, but the decision actually dates back to student surveys that were sent out before the new SUMC was even built."


Less popular?? How can that be? Chick-Fil-A is a little bit of fried heaven on a bun - with a pickle of course. Mmm, I could go for some Chick-Fil-A right now... darn you, Sundays!

5 comments:

Erica said...

Try Chik-fil-a's new shakes. They are heaven in a cup. I had one today - cookies and cream. Strawberry are also yummy.

Sarah Marie said...

I don't get why Chik-Fil-A was closed on Sunday...

I personally was not familiar with CFA until I came to Alabama...I'll never forget my mom saying, "What's Chick Fill Uh?" when she came to visit. Priceless.

Katie said...

Sunday is a day for family and worship and rest. You can read about it on their website under "Why we are closed on Sunday" :)

Chick-Fil-A started in Atlanta and has been slowly radiating out and across America (now in 38 states) -- spreading the joys of "the orignial chicken sandwich." So perhaps I should have some patience for those who did not always know the perfect deliciousness of the Chick-Fil-A chicken sandwich or nuggets (with "polynesian" sauce) with waffle fries always cooked just right (also dipped in said sauce alternated with ketchup).

Sarah said...

1.) Were those the hot ass jeans you wore yesterday with that cute gauzey top? They were AWESOME.

2.) Chik-fil-a is so good that I couldn't fulfill my planned protest of it (in response to the Sunday closing) because I didn't have the strength to not eat it! But I mean, where else is a Jew (like me) supposed to get a luscious chicken biscuit to nurse a Saturday night hangover?

Anonymous said...

glamour shots is outragously priced & they don't tell you until you get in there that whats in the window you have to pay extra for, they cake your make up on & lots of lights then want you to pay extra to take the lines etc. out i think its false advertising!
don't go there, then the workers are all teenage don't think anyone knows what they are doing!