Tuesday, September 19, 2006

it's a jungle out there

At least, it looked like a jungle as my plane descended over Northern Virginia - so much green, dense dense green. As I walked from the metro, it was misting - the air was literally wet - futhering the jungle feeling.

This past weekend I was in DC, where I enjoyed humidity and pollen, football, good food, and karaoke. Actually the pollen and football were not so enjoyable - I think the quick switch back to the east coast aggrevated my allergies - and Florida won by 1 pt in the last quarter. Virginia lost to West Virginia. LSU lost. South Carolina nearly lost. At least Alabama beat LA-Monroe and FSU lost. We happened to be watching football in an FSU bar in DC, so that added to the fun of Clemson winning.

I broke down and went to CVS last night to get an antihistamine/decongestant... Where I learned that CVS was out of almost all such combination formerly-over-the-counter medicine. And the pharmacist said she didn't expect they would be re-stocking, except probably Claratin because it sells so well (implying that sales of the others have suffered because of the behind-the-counter-because-of-crystal-meth rule). Good thing I don't expect allegeries to be a regular part of my Arizona experience.

No comments: