After coming from a school where extra-curriculars could be your major, Arizona is quite a contrast. Alabama had its fair share of apathy (in fact there is a new Apathy Awareness club, which is going to find out (if) what student care about). But, I thought Arizona would be different because people here are earth conscious - people bike, people recycle, people eat all natural food, people are from California. But, I guess I have only experienced a small slice of the student population. There are a few recycle bins scattered here and there - but not extensively available - or publicized. In fact, very little is publicized here (which maybe explains the football apathy). No flyers on doors, walls, light posts. Few people on the mall forcing flyers into your hand. No need to do the avert eyes/make no eye contact at all costs with the people sitting at tables on the mall. Very little chalk on sidewalk advertisements. Basically, the opposite of Virgina.
Maybe it is too hot for people to put effort into caring about other people ...especially while they are caring so much about themselves.
Thursday, October 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I like crazy people on campus. I especially miss the ones at LSU that would challenge me to a debate about evolution and then just scream about how much they love Jesus. Speaking of LSU - tomorrow vs. UF. Ugh. Geaux tigers!
Post a Comment