95.9% of days in Tucson are sunny. 350 days of sun, according to this tourist website. (where you can also find average monthly temperature, humidity, and rainfall amounts).
I love the sun, so this is a good arrangement for me--and will be nice in the winter, as people like to say. All the sun has made me aware of a few lifestyle changes. First: year-round sun freckles--yes, if you see me at Christmas, my face will look sun kissed. On the other hand my face and arms are now even more tan than the rest of body. Part of why I have made lifestyle change number two: daily sunscreen use. In addition to face lotion with sunscreen, on one of my many Target trips, I picked up body lotion with sunscreen. I know this is a good health investment generally as well. Though I also know that 15 minutes of unprotected sun exposure on just your arms allows your body to produce all the vitamin D it needs a day. End results: my mood will be sun-supported, my freckles will be sun-enhanced, and my vitamin D level will be sun-sustained. Come visit and you can enjoy the sun, too!
Tuesday, August 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment