Saturday, August 12, 2006

Tumamoc Hill

Friday morning I got up at 6am to check out Tumamoc Hill. Still making the most of my current "free" time, I decided to investigate hikes around Tucson. I didn't want to go on any backwoods hike alone or encounter any of the creatures that the news said all the rain and flooding have brought out. So Tumamoc Hill sounded just right--a 1.5mi access road up to a UofA desert laboratory. Recently it was closed to the public from 7:30am to 5:30pm to protect the walkers and the land.

When I arrived at 6:35, there were many people walking down (so they must have arrived even earlier.) I was probably one of the last people to start up. The sun is rising around 5:45, so it was already very light and pretty warm. I took lots of pictures and definitely will return because it is a nice way to start out the day. When it is relatively less warm later this fall, I will check it out in the evening.

































































































































1 comment:

Sarah Marie said...

I love cacti!