There are more pictures - from Carlsbad Caverns, El Paso, NM, and AZ - I promise. But, I have not been able to load them from my house. On a happy note, I did get wireless set up (with lots of help and calls to Kris). I will post the pictures as soon as can. And when I do/see/learn about something beyond unpacking and making multiple trips to Target, I will write more. I should start my job this week.
Another happy note, it is very easy to get around Tucson. The roads are laid out in a convenient grid with several major cross streets and smaller secondary streets. This helps divert traffic, and although I have driven around during "rush hour" and on a friday afternoon, the traffic seems to keep moving since it is well regulated.
Central and East Tucson - the areas I am in primarily - are also a good mix of shops, restaurants, neighborhoods, banks, car dealerships, churches, etc, everywhere. There doesn't seem to be one main new area or mall area or restaurant area.
Though the street system is well-designed, my housemate says that the actual roads were not well planned. Right now it is "monsoon" season (daily [low] chance of thunderstorms), as it is every year at this time. My housemate said there is little drainage and the roads were built sloping in, thus water pools in the middle. So also every year there is flooding-though this year is worst than past years. Since I have been here, it has only rained hard once, for about an hour. Otherwise it has been sunny and in the upper 80s (better than the east coast has been!) - my hair is loving the low humidity.
Saturday, August 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment