Sunday, August 20, 2006

week 2

Highlights from my 2nd week in Tucson

Finally doing things outside my house (pictured at left)! This week included multiple orientations, work, and more outdoor time.

*Orientation Award for Best Free Food: Anthropology breakfast, including peaches, apricots, grapes, cherries, walnuts, fancy bread, fancy cheese, smoked samon, cinamon rolls, pastries...

*Orientation Award for Worst Free Food: ...or lack thereof - general Graduate School orientation. Available morning refreshment = water in a cooler ...at 8:30 am!

Saturday evening, I walked up Tumamoc Hill again. It was cloudy and the sun was settinng - so the pictures would have been nice with the dark background and illuminated foreground. I will have to go back another evening with my camera again. I did take pictures of the beautiful sunset tonight. Enjoy (click to see full size picture).
























































































2 comments:

Erica said...

Wow - water huh? I had raspberry rugelach and coffee at an adjunct retreat this weekend. I hate coffee. Luckily as soon as we started, the first thing we did was take a tour of the faculty center which included a fridge with free Cokes so I got one of those instead. Good luck in your first week of Ph.D. program fun-time!

Hannah said...

you have such a cute house! is it as cute on the inside as it is on the outside? looks like it belongs in a little pueblo village.