Saturday, February 17, 2007

Saturn

Tonight I saw Saturn at the observatory on campus.

Actually, as Sarah and I were discussing after, it looked like a sticker or cartoon image of a perfect little bitty Saturn. In fact, it looked so perfect, that I thought, hmm maybe this image is supplied by the same people who faked the moon landing... But seriously, it looked too real to be real. I've recreated an image of what you could see through the telescope. So now it is like you have seen Saturn too. And yes, that is really what it looked like.

3 comments:

Sarah Marie said...

Awesome! I was going to go to the viewing here in Alabama, but it rained the night the Astronomy folks had the telescope open to the public.

Erica said...

Wow, who knew Saturn was sideways?

Sarah said...

sincerely, this is exactly what it looked like.