Wednesday, February 07, 2007

judging

My girls here and I have had a continuing discussion on male facial hair, focusing mostly on: what are you thinking!? In the airport this weekend* I saw a guy who wins the worst facial hair/I-have-to-hold-back-an-audible-"ew" award**.

Description: This guy had the standard thick mutton chops - that spilled onto his upper neck. What takes home the award and why he stood out: the hair growing along the upper jaw bone where it meets the ear and neck was thinner, scraggly, and LONG! So that there was long thin scraggly hair coming from jaw/ear area. The upper part of the mutton chops was short. Here is my attempt at a visual so you can get a complete picture:
















Well-played, airport man, you win. You are the ultimate example of poor facial hair decisions.

There was a reasonable-looking female traveling with him, so perhaps he has some redeeming qualities that outweigh the facial hair attrocity.




*Yes I took a short weekend trip to Mountain View. Not that I need to justify, but tickets were cheap and I got all of my homework done on schedule. We drove down to Monterey, and it was lovely.

**Perhaps also in his defense, he was from a western european country and looked a little hipster. But still.

No comments: