Sunday, January 28, 2007

obligatory pictures with cactuses*

Colleen came to visit this weekend - well, really it was only 36 hours - so we packed in as much as we could. This included breakfast at Blue Willow and Cup Cafe and dinner at El Charro Cafe . We took the Old Pueblo Trolley part of the way to dinner which was an inexpensive ($1) and efficient way to cover 1mi. On Saturday day we wandered around campus, down University Blvd, and around 4th Ave. On a tip from Sarah, we hiked in the cactus forest along Sweetwater Trail in the Tucson Mountain District of the Saguaro National Park - which I hope to do again soon, especially in the spring when all the desert flowers bloom. Even in a short weekend - 36 hours!- one can enjoy a variety of the entertainment Tucson offers. Come visit!

*As I told my sister, cactus can be made plural as cacti or cactuses.






























1 comment:

Sarah Marie said...

I wish I had a sister to wander around the desert with. I heart cactuses. And cacti.