Tuesday, January 16, 2007

ocean, west coast style

I love the ocean so I am giving my pictures from the Golden Gate National Recreational Area their own post. It was a grey afternoon, and the white foam of the ocean created a striking contrast to the dark sand which was beautiful. The sand itself was made up of rough little pebbles in all colors, also pictured below. The air was not particularly salty or sticky, but the waves provided familiar and comforting rushing and crashing sounds. (As always, you can click on a picture to see it full size.)






















































































The sand, with flash and without





























Perhaps part of his boy nature, Kris insists on climbing any and all rocks available. Thus he could not resist perching on this small rock. At first, everything was okay, but then a bigger wave came, predictably leaving him with soaked jeans and shoes and leaving me in a fit of laughter.















1 comment:

Erica said...

Pretty pics. Wish I was there!