Weather forecast for the week: sunny, highs in the mid to low 80s and lows around 50. In case you wanted to know or wanted to daydream about a warm sunny place. The weather is beautiful, wish you were here.
----------------------------------
I am going to Oakland/San Fran next week (!) to visit Colleen and attend the American Anthropological Association annual meeting. Except I already anticipate making it to a minimal amount of the meeting. The official meeting is in San Jose - about an hour drive south of Oakland without traffic. My interest in attending was spurred by an announcement of a pre-meeting workshop in San Francisco on Wednesday of the Human Sexuality and Anthropology Interest Group (HSAIG). On Thursday morning is a session all about sexual violence so I expect to make the trek down for that. The rest of the time will be spent with sissy and getting to see Oakland and her school.
----------------------------------
Tennessee and LSU played an emotionally and physically intense game yesterday, out of which LSU rose in victory. The back-up UT QB got some good game time in against the best defense in the country, so that is a good sign for UT football to come. Since LSU and UT are not old rivals and there is not the animosity that exists between UT and Alabama, Florida, and Georgia, the loss was not as stinging. It was a good game and LSU played better. Looking forward to a rematch already.
Alabama lost to Mississippi St and Virginia lost to Florida State. Kentucky beat Georgia which was amusing. Arizona won. Cal comes to town next weekend and I am going to the game with Julie. Then I will be able to share first hand what Arizona football is like in person.
-----------------------------------
How does coke get in a can? I was just thinking about how the aluminum can factory will probably never go out of business. But then, it occurred to me that perhaps the can and the bottling are produced at the same time? Many products come in cans. For tin canned food, I assume the top gets fused on after filled. Could coke be packaged the same way? I guess that would be the most logical explanation.
Sunday, November 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment