
Confession: I am in love with stamps available from the USPS. So in love, in fact, that I must restrict my trips to the post office, and when I do go I must decline when they ask "do you need any stamps today" - otherwise, just out of curiousity, I would reply, "well, what new designs do you have?" From cute to clever to beautiful to sweet to historical to unusual - and all so artistic - I am sucker for those stamps. (Ooo holiday stamps are now available).

The problem (besides forking over $7.40 on a regular basis) comes when I then am unable to part with the stamps. I buy them because I like keep pretty things around. But, I also like to mail people things. One solution is to buy plain boring stamps. Another solution, which was suggested after someone realized that I was a stamp hoarder, is to scan and save images of the stamps. Brillant - and so logical.
With my handy-dandy printer-scanner-copier, I now can do just that. These are some adorable and irresistable stamps I got when my parents visited. And I know I have at least one or two sheets with other designs tucked securely away somewhere (yes, that made the move with me) that I can now scan. This is a win-win solution because it means I get to send out pretty stamps and share the happiness with others. Now, if I only I had everyone's current addresses in one place....
5 comments:
I have the same love of stamps and I always try to buy the neato designs rather than the regular flag ones. I do manage to send them out on letters b/c those things are getting expensive and if I save them, the price will go up then I'll have to go get the bumper stamps and I'll end up with more fun picture stamps. It's a vicious cycle!
Also - you're hair is soooo longgg! I visited your linked blogs and I LOVE your Halloween costume! I wanted to go as Kim Jong Il and have Rick be "nuclear weapons" but he wanted sluttiness and since I am turning 30 soon I opted for his choice.
I also liked your costume (had to follow the links since erica pointed that out), but I don't know what you were!!! Please help end my confusion.
I love stamps. I have a nice set of the Quilts of Gee's Bend (in Alabama). They are purty! My uncle just sent me a set of Alabama Crimson Tide stamps from stamps.com. If you and Erica got them from your SEC schools of choice, we could play out our rivalries at the post office as well as on the field!
I also liked your costume (had to follow the links since erica pointed that out), but I don't know what you were!!! Please help end my confusion.
I love stamps. I have a nice set of the Quilts of Gee's Bend (in Alabama). They are purty! My uncle just sent me a set of Alabama Crimson Tide stamps from stamps.com. If you and Erica got them from your SEC schools of choice, we could play out our rivalries at the post office as well as on the field!
I went as Leslie Hall -
http://www.lesliehall.com/gemsweater/gallery/gallery1.htm
Really, I just wanted an excuse to wear my gold pants. I refused to achieve big hair the natural way-teasing-and just used lots of hairspray. I think I need a haircut.
Post a Comment