In case you didn't know - which I did not - today is "fall back" for clocks, the end of daylight saving time. And if case you didn't know, Arizona does not follow daylight saving time - which is the reason I forgot the clocks changed today. So, as of now I am on mountain time.
While this not following DST means that in the summer the sun rises and sets earlier here, I must say it is nice not to have to deal with that hour jump in time and light. Plus I appreciate AM sunshine.
Also of note - for those who follow DST - in 2007, DST will be extended 4 weeks (3 weeks earlier in the spring and 1 week later in the fall) by decree of an energy bill Bush signed into law last year. Here you can read a little more about it, plus some pros and cons.
(I also am happy about this Arizona arrangement because last year -and maybe even the year before- I was one of those who set my clock the wrong way in the spring and ended up at work extra extra early...)
Sunday, October 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
"extra extra early." Hee hee!
It took me many many years to remember that it's "Fall Back" and "Spring Ahead." I seriously think I got it only three years ago. You should have seen the light bulb go off over my head. But don't expect me to understand how that wonky Mountain time goes. Are you two or three hours ahead...er...behind (???) of Central time now? Compound that with the fact that I keep thinking I'm in the Eastern time zone. I always miss tv shows that I want to see!
It is easier for me to remember what time it is going east -versus west- since I can just add forward (like it is 9:20pm here so it is +1 -10:20- central time and +1 again -11:20- eastern time.)
I am one hour behind Central time :).
Post a Comment