Apparently I am representing the South well.
In an group email this evening a friend here called me "the biggest football fan I know." Thank you, Julie, but I promise the experience of one SEC home game would really knock your socks off. Julie is a fellow football fan, and she generously invited me to go along with her to the CAL-Arizona game this Saturday (she is a CAL alum). I promise to take pictures and return with a full report of what Arizona football is like (it is homecoming weekend so the results may be skewed). A preview: The Arizona Stadium holds 56,000.
In other football news, did anyone else see the stunning Rutgers comeback against Louisville? It warmed my heart. I turned it on the 4th quarter (after turning it off after the 1st) and was captivated to the end. I hope that the big SEC match-ups will be as enjoyable this weekend.
-7:00ET #13 Tennessee at #11 Arkansas on ESPN2
-3:30ET #6 Florida hosting former coach Spurrier and South Carolina on CBS
-7:45ET Alabama at #12 LSU on ESPN
-12:30ET #5 Auburn vs Georgia
And the game I will be attending:
-3:30ET #8 California at Arizona on ABC. Weather forecast: Upper 70s, party sunny, and breezy.
Look for me NOT wearing blue or gold in the middle of a sea of blue and gold (I still have not settled on what colors I will be wearing...Prior to last week, I was planning on wearing a U of Arizona shirt because a Cal loss would be good for UT. However, a Cal loss to unranked Arizona would make Tennessee's win over Cal less impressive. And though I love football and rivalry, I don't know if I can be mean and wear a UT shirt to remind Cal of its only loss...Perhaps I will wear the only unaffiliated color: pink. Or I could wear a sundress -- though I imagine I would get some funny looks.)
Thursday, November 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You could wear crimson cuz Bama's gonna need all the help they can get! Also, who goes to a school with such a puny stadium? Oh yeah, you.
Post a Comment