A glimpse into chats with my sister and my sister's day at school (This year she is teaching 7th grade science. For the next 7 days, she has a guest speaker talking about sex). Also revealed is how easily I am distracted when I should be working.
12:19 PM me: how is it going
12:19 PM me: how is it going
| 9 minutes |
12:28 PM Colleen: fine
right now is advisory
12:29 PM we're talking about the jena 6
me: cool
Colleen: but most don't seem to care
12:30 PM they're like "but that's all the way in louisiana"
and i don't know what kind of lesson plans to do about it
12:31 PM they told us it was required to talk about this week in adivsory
me: could be historical - about civil rights movement - about movements in Bay Area
me: I have a lot of articles from my social movements class
I just forwarded you a message with ideas for teaching about the jena 6
12:37 PM the Southern Poverty Law center website also has a yearly map of hate groups, plus reports on hate crimes
12:38 PM i love tolerance.org and they have a ton of resources for teachers, including activities and lesson plans, http://www.tolerance.org/teach/index.jsp
12:39 PM ok I have to get back to finishing my presentation for class tonight
xo
| 6 minutes |
12:46 PM Colleen: oh good this class is good with him
my ELD class was terrible
me: I am sure he is used to it
12:47 PM Colleen: eh he looked pretty frazzled
12:48 PM and said it was pretty unique that i had a whole class of non-english speakers
12:50 PM me: does he have a good presentation?
Colleen: decent i guess
the kids like it
right now he's getting them to say sex on the count of 3
12:51 PM and making a big show about it
me: it's like the penis game
Colleen: yeah exactly
12:54 PM me: Lisa said in her 9th grade health class they had to chant "NO PENIS" over and over
Colleen: ha
was it catholic girls school?
me: yep
Colleen: that's fun
12:56 PM me: you have to take notes of all of his lessons for me
all the good stuff.
1 comment:
Wait, this is OUR Lisa? God, we have got to get her to open up more. The great things I learn on your blog!
Post a Comment