Last weekend, I had to reformat my computer and reload all files, drivers, etc. I don't know why my computer died [because it isn't a mac, some might say], and luckily I have all important things backed up.
As my friend at Dell explained when he told me my options, reloading would make my computer go to "day one." Fine, I told him, I know, I get it, I understand - lose everything not backed up, etc. So he led me through the process then remotely took over control of my computer to install stuff. Great.
Except, I cannot seem to install any drivers that help with sound. So tomorrow in response to my email, my friend should be calling me between 10a-2p to help.
I hadn't thought about how much my computer functioned as a entertainment machine until I didn't have sound. NPR as my only sound option, as much as I love NPR news and talk during the day and the local jazz at night, just isn't enough. Also, when I have checked all blogs and other regularly checked websites, then I turn to TV on the internet for distraction/space-filling (including: The Hills/MTV, Ugly Betty, Comedy Central offerings, Best Week Ever, and Desperate Housewives [and, NBC is going to put their shows online in November I think I remember]).
But, without sound, my options for filling time include, with classic rock on the radio, cleaning my room or doing more school- or work-related work. That means at midnight, when not quite sleepy enough for bed, I am reading student essays instead of watching The Real World 523.
Please, Sound, please come back to me. I won't take you for granted ever again.
p.s. Don't miss all the fun sex-ed posts before this one.
Saturday, October 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
girl, i feel ya. i'm adjusting right now myself after my laptop's death on tuesday...
If you are getting an error message of any kind, copy and paste it into google and see if any solutions pop up. I've solved some computer problems this way...good luck!
Post a Comment