Wednesday, October 03, 2007

you know the semester is getting serious...

...when you make a late-night* candy and coke** run to power through studying for an exam***.

Hello, middle of the semester.


*I know it is not really late yet. But, I just can't stay up until 3am like I used to.

**coke: a southern term referring to all sodas, including coca cola and pepsi varieties (and in my ideolect includes dr. pepper and even sprite)

***An in-class essay exam with blue books and no notes. Old school. As an anthro prof said, "I know part of your brains are in your computers" explaining why out of class assignments are better. Seriously, consider rambling and winding scribbles versus thoughtful, organized answers. If you want to test our ability to discuss public health issues on the spot, have us do a debate or more in-class group activities.
I guess if I am ever a professor, then I will get to design my classes however I want. In the meantime, back to studying.

2 comments:

Sarah Marie said...

Good luck on your exam!

Erica said...

Hells yeah - don't do to your students what your profs. did to you! That's my motto. You'll do fine. My coke nowadays consists of La Croix sparkling water - comes in a can and is fizzy therefore must be called coke.