Monday, April 30, 2007

MDG

Not to be confused with MGD - for the final project for my Women's Global Health class, I am writing about the Millennium Development Goals and Women's Health. Thrilling, I know. Mostly I picked the topic because of the icons to illustrate the 8 MDGs (and because there are a ton of websites with info, making the information-gathering process easier). I want to share the icons because, really, I wonder who came up with them. Especially the first one. If you want more info about the MDGs, here is a site from the United Nations, and here is another one.

These are the icons:









Yes I always think of steaming hot soup when I think of extreme poverty and hunger and its solution. The others are cutesy but not as creative.




3 comments:

Erica said...

Interesting icons. At lest someone id thinking about these issues, even if steamy soup isn't the best idea!

Anonymous said...

and what a thrilling presentation it was. seriously! you had me the whole time. well played :)

Katie said...

Erica - As someone asked me in class today, what icon would be better to represent hunger and poverty? I thought A starving child - probably no. Yes, it is good these goals are at least out there.

Heather - I am sure it was the bright colors and me talking fast thus needing to read to keep up that that was making people pay attention. Oh, and I probably was using my teacher voice. But thanks for the kudos.