Evidence I do work at work:
All year I have been tasked with helping coordinate/facilitate a statewide initiative/council addressing rural women's health. The fall tasks included building the network and holding a meeting. Since then, the tasks have dropped off and I have been working on a few things that have not become actual products yet, and thus little to show for my work.
This week things went on the internet that I can point to and say, see I worked on that. I created a formal listserv (so I do not have to continue to enter each person's email individually) for the network and distributed via the listserv is the first issue of the newsletter "Health Matters for Rural Women" which I put together. The newsletter is also available online (will open as PDF) and I have been working on updating and creating new pages related to the newsletter. For example, I created this page of sexual and domestic violence resources because April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month.
Now, you can stay informed about rural women's health issues in Arizona, too. And note my personal touch to the newsletter description (which is not so eloquent but gets the point across):
"Health Matters for Rural Women is a source for news and information sharing about the health of rural women in Arizona. Health is more than the absence of disease and women’s health is more than reproductive health. Many factors contribute to individual health and well-being..."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Kudos to Katie! I like the personal/anthropological touch. I also like how your AZ email address is not some bastardization of your last name with random numbers after it, like at Bama.
Post a Comment