Thursday, April 05, 2007

April, no showers

Welcome to late spring/early summer. What? It isn't forecast to be in the upper 80s and sunny all week where you are?

Though it gets hot by noon, the lows are still in the 50s, which means with a breeze it can be chilly walking to work but by noon walking back across campus to class, you will be melting. Talking a jacket to work or class is not a bad thing since the AC is kept so low.

With warm weather coming, my housemate got his cats groomed. They got buzz cuts in a lion style - fur left only around face, on paws, and the end of the tail. I took pictures because I find it amusing.






























This kitty does not look so amused.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

People actually do that to their cats?! I think that TC might never forgive me. It was in the 80's here for the last couple of weeks but the night before last (when the Lady Vols won!!) there was a horrible storm and it is now freezing! Literally. Today the high was 60. The day before it was 55. I am sad but at least my utility bill will be a little cheaper for a little longer because once summer (and the humidity) hits, I will be poor and MLGW will be rich. Miss you!

Erica said...

Did you see the kitty on my site like that a few weeks ago? Thanks for my postcard from Texas!

Hō-ō said...

Poor kitty! If I ever tried to do that to Maya, I'd be in Urgent Care again and she'd be back in quarantine by the sheriff!

Sarah Marie said...

Kitties look Not Amused. Not sure if that's different from their usual schtick, though.