In celebration of a big win last weekend, I was wearing my Bama shirt on Sunday.
Lisa asked, "What's 'Bama'?"
I just started laughing. This is the second time she asked in regards to the same shirt. The first time - last year- it was: "What a 'Bama'? Oh, Lisa, now that we live together, I am going to have to teach you about SEC football.
------------------
A quick football rundown for week 2:
Alabama is beating up on Vanderbilt. I am not actually seeing the game - just watching it via ESPN.com gamecast - but it seems like there were at least a couple missed TDs that turned into FGs. A win is a win, and 2 wins for Saban, even against Vandy and Western Carolina, is good for Alabama.
Virginia beat Duke. Well, again, a win is a win -- even against a team that has lost 21 straight games.
Arizona, I don't know what to say. Last week was a big loss to BYU. This week, an instate match up against NAU. Arizona has gone 9 years with going to a bowl and so far, this season isn't looking any more promising. When does basketball season start?
Tennessee has its home opener against Southern Miss. This isn't in the bag, and there is a lot riding on this game (Phil Fulmer's job, for one). Last week's loss revealed some weaknesses of (yet another) rebuilding season. Maybe UT can work on some of those this week - they have to in anticipation of NEXT week AT Florida.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment