Monday, August 20, 2007

what I did on my summer vacation pt 1

For vacation, Kris and I went to the pacific coast of Mexico. We stayed at a nice place across a small bay from Barra de Navidad. Plenty north of Acapulco (~350 miles), the area was somewhat rural. The small towns were surrounded by banana and coconut farms. Barra offered many seafood and Mexican food restaurants on the beach and on the bay. I had my fill of yummy dishes and of course chips and salsa -to the point that I reached my chips and salsa limit.

More than a few people told us that most American and Canadian tourists come from November to April. In fact, there is a direct flight from Phoenix to the local airport at that time. We, instead, had to connect through Mexico City. Because a flight was canceled on each side of the trip, AeroMexico put us up in a hotel in Mexico City making vacation 2 days longer.

This time of the year is the rainy season, although it only rained one evening while we were there. The best part of that evening was the amazing lightening that followed. We watched the spidery lines from a second-floor open-air Blues bar and grill overlooking the pacific.




























A sunset viewed from dinner:














Lunch by the beach:





























The view from our balcony:

3 comments:

Erica said...

Beautiful! I need to get on over to the Pacific Coast of Me-hi-co.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Is it honeymoon-worthy? because I may be in the market for a honeymoon destination!

Sarah Marie said...

Pretty pretty pictures! Looks like a fabulous time was had by all. I like the bird in flight in the photo of Kris.