Today as I walked past the 2nd St Parking Garage sign proclaiming "11:30am - temperature: 100 F", I thought Even if I were naked right now, I would still be hot. Maybe I would even be hotter because the desert sun would be reaching more of my skin. And then I remembered a favorite poem from childhood...
It's Hot
By Shel Silverstein
It's hot!
I can't get cool,
I've drunk a quart of lemonade.
I think I'll take my shoes off
And sit around in the shade.
It's hot!
My back is sticky,
The sweat rolls down my chin.
I think I'll take my clothes off
And sit around in my skin.
It's hot!
I've tried with 'lectric fans,
And pools and ice cream cones.
I think I'll take my skin off
And sit around in my bones.
It's still hot!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment