Wednesday, October 18, 2006

food! including cupcakes - (no animal products*)

*except candy corn. candy corn ingredients: sugar, corn syrup, confectioner's glaze, salt, egg whites, honey, glycerine, natural and artificial flavors, mineral oil, coconut oil, artifical colors, carnuba wax.

The medical anthro lead profs (or parents) for the department had a potluck last weekend (sunday) and I made these cupcakes. And in med anth class on monday, the theme was food.


I feel like my past 4 days have all been about food. My parents' visit revolved around yummy places to eat. Monday night, I directed them to Gentle Ben's for a view of University Blvd. Tuesday morning, we started our morning on the deck at Blue Willow (a Tucson classic). For a late lunch, we ate at the B Line on 4th ave. And for dinner, we tried out Tucson's favorite mexican restaurant, Cafe Poca Cosa - which reminded me of glamorous gourmet D.C. digs. This morning dad and I enjoyed breakfast at the
Cup Cafe at Hotel Congress - mmm.

Perhaps I will try some fasting for the next few days...until Saturday's Team Med Anth potluck.


Delicious! Moist! Chocolate (Vegan) Cupcake Recipe from Allrecipes.com

INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
1 cup water

DIRECTIONS:
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 9x5 inch loaf pan.
2.Sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add the oil, vanilla, vinegar and water. Mix together until smooth.
3.Pour into prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.

-or- you can do cupcakes (12) which take about 20 minutes.


p.s. I finally extened my trial purchase of paint shop pro - hence the return of pictures for the blog!

No comments: