Monday, March 23, 2009

airport observations

Spring break pics (Grand Canyon and Canada) to come, but here are some observations for my TUS<-->SFO<-->Vancouver travels (via LAX on the return - I am a sucker for the "volunteer to give up your seat, get flight credit", and had no need to hurry back to Tucson).
  • United has free cokes, etc.  Not as good as the free snack meal on Continental (which my sister received last week – glad to know they are still available) and does not make up for cost for checking bags.
  • LAX – I was surprised there are no moving walkways (at least concourse 6 to 8) – If you had a close connection time and a far way to go, it would be a long run, but by the time I was to my gate, I realized the walk was refreshing.
  • If you are flying Air Canada, drinks for purchase cost $6 American or Canadian dollars ($1 USD = $1.23 Canadian). This would be helpful to know before changing the last $20 of your Canadian dollars back.

No comments: