Monday, April 06, 2009

Grand Canyon round 1


My sister came for the first half of Spring Break (hers and mine) and we made the most of what Arizona has to offer: laying out by the pool in March, eating at In-N-Out, and visiting the Grand Canyon. Although I have been living in the Grand Canyon state for a couple years now, I had not made it up there yet. 


We hiked the very popular Bright Angel Trail down to Indian Garden (9.2 mi round trip, 3000ft change in elevation).  It was 45 and chilly around the top when we started, and Colleen saw a thermometer that read 80 when we were down at Indian Garden. With layers, the hike was good - I cannot imagine trying to do that during the summer. 

Of course, it was all amazing and breathtaking -and it is impossible to do it justice with a regular camera. But, with that said, there are some pictures I took with my phone. A second of set of pictures from my camera is to be posted.


1 comment:

Erica said...

Isn't the Grand Canyon totally awesome? I loved it when I was there in 07.