This semester I am TAing for a different course: Origins of Human Diversity. The book we are using (Understanding Physical Anthropology and Archaeology) has this summary on the back:
"Let this respected book take you on a fascinating journey of discovery into the human past! You'll explore so much that is intriguing, including archaeological methods, fossil and site discoveries, living primates, and basic biology and genetics--and, you'll master the principles and processes of physical anthropology and archaeology with new pedagogy that will help you succeed in your course."
Wow. That is a tall order. First, it is an interesting choice to use exclamation points and contractions along side the word "pedagogy." Second, as much as they are trying, I am sure many (most) students would disagree with the statement that basic biology is intriguing. On the other hand, the first sentence and a half almost sound like they are playing off an Indiana Jones image.
I know I am ready for my fascinating journey of discovery (while channeling Dr. Bindon where possible).
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment