and refreshing at 2am. The weather looks to be much of the same
(cloudy, change of rain, near 60) while we are here today and
tomorrow. Once we are out in daylight, there will be pictures.
For now, some state history and geography, because I feel like I
didn't learn much about Alaska in school:
-A banner was hanging at the airport celebrating 50 years of
statehood, 1959-2009.
-The state flag represents: "The blue field is for the sky and the
forget-me-not, the state flower. The North Star is for the future of
the state of Alaska, the most northerly of the Union. The dipper is
for the Great Bear, symbolizing strength."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Flag_of_Alaska.svg
-It is 1/5 the size of the lower 48.
-Anchorage was born as a hub during the construction of the railroad
between Seward and Fairbanks.
When we are out of the hotel, I am sure there will be more unique
observations and things to learn.
No comments:
Post a Comment