These are things I've learned from walking across campus.
1. Cut-off shorts so short so that the pockets are visible are in again this year. (Along the same lines of feeling myself becoming a judge-y old person, I think that most of the girls passing off tops as super short dresses would actually look more attractive if the clothes were longer/more proportional.)
2. Tucson has identifiable seasons if you know the markers. This observed in the course of 24 hours when we had a cold snap. Tuesday was sunny and 81, typical spring. Wednesday started out cool and blustery, evoking winter. Then, there was a brief thunderstorm midday and while it was still chilly, the storms are a summer marker. By the afternoon, the clouds had cleared and it was sunny and windy and a bit like fall.
3. Related to Wednesday's weather, skateboarding is challenging when the roads are slick. People regularly zip around on skateboards. Walking down the streets, I saw I guy attempt to slow down at a crosswalk and have the board shoot out in front of him as he fell and slid on his backside. On the next corner, another guy almost lost it as he slowed down to stop.
4. Both 2 and 3 led me conclude that people are not prepared for non-sunny and dry weather. Light rain on dusty street= slickness. Also, people were wearing shorts, t-shirts, and tanks on Wednesday, leading me to think that they either did not look at the forecast or even look outside to see the wet, blustery weather.
Friday, April 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Last week I saw a girl wearing what looked to be one of her dad's dress shirts with a belt around it. Nothing else! It looked ridiculous.
Post a Comment