Sunday, December 09, 2007

cookies day 1

This year, instead of doubling or tripling a few recipes, I am trying several single recipes. In addition to vegan needs, I am trying out some new gluten-free options--along with the old favorites. On the list: Margaret's press cookies, chocolate-covered cherry cookies, whipped shortbread press cookies, chai spiced almond snowballs (vegan), gingerbread cutouts (vegan), double chocolate meringues (gluten free), and cinnamon almond cookies (called cinnamon stars, gluten free). Also, because it fascinated Lisa and she has all (3) ingredients, we are going to make white-chocolate covered ritz peanut butter sandwiches.


A day of cookie making requires a hearty breakfast.














My favorite store-bought holiday coookies.














Gluten-free prep














These didn't turn out as stars, but they are sill yummy.















Whipped Shortbread Press cookies:




































































Today's finished products:

2 comments:

Erica said...

Yummy! I am so ready to do this. Waiting til I get to my mom's though.

Geggie said...

Beautiful (and tasty, I bet!)