Friday, June 22, 2007

tuscaloosa

Last weekend, I went to Tuscaloosa for Erica's disseration defense - or, as I can now say, Dr. Erica (Alabama Anthro PhD #2 - awesome!). It was fun to catch up with Erica and Sarah and be back in T-town. All in all it was a wonderful weekend - Sarah and Cameron have a great house, I got to play with their kitties, and I returned with yummy veggies from Sarah's garden. Also, we partook in the Riverside Dr movie night tradition - making lots of popcorn drizzled with melted butter and wearing pjs.



Cheers to Dr. Gibson.














Post-defense, everyone is happy.













Kitties!













Breakfast feast - scrambled eggs with veggies (some from the garden), cheese grits, bacon, and strawberries -yum!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Bacon-related comment - a 4 year old boy in one of the houses where we were doing an interview told us his favorite food was bacon. And he had the cheeks to prove it.

Sarah Marie said...

I love how in our group picture Erica's arm is oh-so-cleverly masking your cleavage, Katie. Ha ha! Glad you could come--now it is my turn to visit!!!