Sunday, June 03, 2007

Florida

My college roommate Sarah had a beautiful and fun wedding in Destin, FL this weekend - a lovely barefoot cermony in the sand. It was basically a 3 day party - which I think is a good acheivement for a wedding. Many of the guests had been in the groom Mike's fraternity so it was also a three day laugh fest. There should a warning to eat at your own risk when you are sitting at a table with several guys swapping stories and creating goofy poses to capture with their digital cameras and then immediately look at and pass around. (Eating and listening to all of the ridiculousness resulted in me laughing with mashed potatoes in my mouth and then it almost going done the wrong pipe like when drinking water).





Pedicures and cute flip flops. The dresses were also fun and were regular jcrew dresses - I had to resist wearing mine out before the wedding.















All the bridesmaids with the bride
















Requisite flower pictures. Since we were at a resot, there was lots of well-maintained landscaping. I like flower pictures because they get used for my desktop background (click for the full size).




























































Now I am back in Alabama. This pic is from driving in at the top of AL, south of Chattanooga. I love the Gulf and the ocean, but northeastern AL might be my favorite part to drive through.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You all look so beautiful! Sarah, your dress is gorgeous!

Sarah Marie said...

All the dresses were very pretty! I hope you are settling in ok in Alabama. I'm at my mom's now but will call you next week to chat and prepare for your trip to Tuscaloosa!

Kristen said...

You all look so pretty! Rats, though, I am inferring from this blog that perhaps I will not be crossing paths with you when we visit TN in late June/early July! So glad we got to see you in San Fran tho! xo