Tuesday, May 13, 2008

using up odds and ends

Frozen blueberries, oats, and the standard stock of basic cookie ingredients + a quick internet search = blueberry oat cookies

In the interest of having less things to move (not that the above items take up a ton of space), I decided to bake something for a social gathering later. At first, I was thinking pie (because I also have a frozen pie shell, which is now going to become fudge pie). Then, apple blueberry crumble. The downside to both of those was the requirement of silverware and plates. So, cookies were the next obvious choice.














These were nice to make today because it is unusually cool (mid 70s) and windy with off and on clouds and even rain. Though blueberries in cookie dough is not the prettiest color, they are tasty!

3 comments:

Sarah Marie said...

Those cookies look so good! I might have to steal that recipe very soon. By the way, I used the tupperware you sent the xmas cookies in the other day. Not for cookies, unfortunately. For a salad.

Katie said...

They do look (and taste) good right out of the oven. But even after only a couple hours, they get very soft. So, I suggest over-baking if you want them crisp.

Tried them today and they are still soft and oatmeal-y, but the blueberry is very minimal. So maybe it would be better to use raisins (cheaper) if the fruit is not the focus. The oatmeal cookie by itself probably would be good - the cinnamon adds just the right flavor.

Sarah Marie said...

Hmmm, this sounds like a recipe you need to tinker with. I like very soft cookies and the fruit being the focus. I am still using your grandma's banana bread recipe, just so you know. I guess good baking skills run in your family!