Sunday, March 02, 2008

spring

Spring is starting to bloom in the desert. While it might be imperceptible to people not living here (or not viewing the desert regularly on drives between Tucson and Phoenix), the desert is getting greener. And the wild flowers are starting to appear. I didn't notice these last year because I didn't go out to look for them. But this year I am keeping watch.

Last weekend, Kris and I went on a hike and there were patches of little yellow poppies (called the Mexican gold poppy) along the trail and the sides of mountains. I forgot my camera, but this link has more info about the wildflowers: http://www.pr.state.az.us/Parks/park_info/rangercam_tips.html. (The link is the source of the above pic)

Next weekend, I will be sure to take my camera and I hope they are still blooming (although the pictures cannot really do them justice). Below is a picture taken with the camera phone from a hike - I think on Superbowl weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so pretty... I am so jealous!