My last day of work was July 17 - which gave me a week to prepare and pack. An early realization was that I had 2 car-loads full of boxes to fit into one small car. I shipped four ~40lb boxes of books via media mail (8 days, only about $16 per box). And had a second realization that perhaps I have kept too many books from UVA and Alabama classes, and for sure after another 4+ years of school, my book collection could reach a critical size (and weight). After squeezing as much as possible into my car, leaving just enough room for John, I still had couple boxes that Kris would have to mail. How do I have so much stuff?? I guess it just accumulates after living in various places over 7 years.
I am sad to give up my Virginia residency - which primarily meant only that I had to pay car tax and get my car inspected. But, as my mom has pointed out, Arizona has very cool license plates.
I hope and plan to update from the road. We leave tomorrow for Jackson, Miss. Then we will stay a couple nights in Austin, TX. Continue through Carlsbad, NM. And arrive in Tucson on Aug 1.
Goodbye, Virginia 

Welcome (back) to Tennessee
1 comment:
Hey Katie!
Good luck out west. I've linked your blog on mine. Click on my name over there to see. I will call you sometime soon. Glad to know you're driving and not flying, what with all the snakes on planes and all.
Post a Comment