Here are a few pics from along the way and from Harpers Ferry. The hike itself is flat and along a dirt/gravel path - except for the last 1.7mi which is uphill, up a steep hill, into the Harpers Ferry. The pics looking up a road with a brick sidewalk show that hill. By that point, all I wanted to do was take off my shoes and go barefoot. Also, the last part was along a short bit of the Appalachian Trail, which was cool.
Saturday, May 02, 2009
one day hike
Last saturday, Colleen and I participated in the One Day Hike. It was great to be back in the D.C. area and to hang out with sissy. We survived 50K and felt pretty good after and the next day. The 100K people, though, looked pretty miserable. The worst part was the bugs - I have gotten so spoiled by AZ. Also, 90 degree with humidity wasn't the warm hug I usually associate with (and thing I claim to enjoy about) stepping out into humidity. I guess 10+ hours walking along an old canel with standing water and along the Potomac gives a new sense of humidity. Coming back to AZ, I finally could appreciate "it's not the heat, it's the humidity".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment