Tuesday, January 27, 2009

food and football - Arizona vs Western PA

More Cardinals-related information. This local news writer compares the most popular foods in Arizona and Western Pennsylvania. Not surprisingly, Arizona wins in each category.

A quick rundown, with Southern food as a walk-on: 
  • Ketchup vs Salsa - a close one for me, but I think (as previously documented) I pick ketchup - and this is what I think would be picked in the South.
  • Pierogi vs Burrito - mmm burritos. Hmm, how is food wrapped in the South? Battered and fried - double yum for the win.
  • French fries and cole slaw vs  chile peppers on sandwiches - I go for neither and will stick with ketchup. What would be the Southern equivalent for sandwich topping? Perhaps cole slaw on bbq.
  • Chipped ham vs barbecue beef - no thanks, I'll have pulled pork with extra bbq sauce please.
  • Iron City Beer vs Kiltlifter Ale - and Tennessee tries a trick play with Jack Daniels (sorry, I don't know any Nashville beers).
  • Klondike bars vs Fairytale brownies for favorite local sweet treat - well, since I haven't had the brownie, I would vote for a Klondike bar. If Tennessee were going to the Super Bowl, I do not know what a comparable desert would be. I love all desert, so really there is no loser in this category.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tennessee is the home of the GooGoo Cluster which would be my pick since I have no idea what Fairytale brownies are!